- Sitting too much is NOT the same as exercising too little.
- Sedentary behavior defined as <1.5 metabolic equivalents: e.g. working at a desk, watching TV.
- Sitting can raise your risk of mortality from disease 46%.
- Sitting can raise your risk of cardiovascular disease by 80%.
- The greater number of breaks from sedentary behavior, the lower your risks of poor health.
- Consistent low level exercise (e.g. TrekDesk treadmill desk walking) can prevent poor health.
- Sedentary behaviors lead to increases in food intake.
- Sedentary behaviors result in rapid and dramatic changes in skeletal muscle.
Please read this article in its entirety and consider a TrekDesk Treadmill Desk if you are sedentary during the majority of your day.